Sunday, April 12, 2015

Gardening + Arugula Pesto

 I've been having a lot of fun planting stuff in our apartment lately. In the picture above there're radishes on the far left, which I haven't really picked yet since I'm not sure if they're ready. To the right there's arugula, and then I'm also growing mint, basil, cinnamon basil, and romaine which I didn't take pictures of. 





Since my arugula was so abundant, I tried making pesto! I ended up adding about a tablespoon or two of store bought pesto to the mix since mine was a little strong and not very spreadable ( the food processor broke so I was crushing it all together by hand).

Arugula Pesto:
Makes about 2/3 cup.
Recipe adapted from Recipe.com

1/2 c. nuts
1/4 c. grated parmesan
1-2  garlic cloves, finely grated
2 c. firmly packed arugula
1/2 c. olive oil
1-2 tsp. lemon juice
a pinch of salt

In a frying pan, cook the nuts over medium heat until toasted.
With a food processor combine the nuts until chopped into very small pieces and add the garlic and the parmesan. Add the arugula, lemon juice, salt, and slowly add the oil until it's as thin as desired.




No comments:

Post a Comment